Thursday, October 12, 2017

Crummy weather

Crummy weather the past two days have curtailed my lunch time QRP activities.  I guess as we transition from Summer to Summer/Autumn to Autumn and things become more stable, conditions will become favorable again.

Yesterday, though, I was pleased to be able to have lunch with another Amateur Radio Op.  Chris KA5W is a consultant working at our firm. One day, a few weeks ago, he had sent me an e-mail stating that he had seen my call sign plates and a couple ARRL bumper stickers on my car - would I care to meet for lunch.  Conflicting events on our schedules precluded that from happening until yesterday.


Photo courtesy of KA5W and QRZ

It was an enjoyable hour that flew by way too fast.  Chris is a Marine, now engaged in IT as a civilian (there's really no such thing as an ex-Marine!). He's working here for a few months, so we took the opportunity for an eyeball QSO.

We talked of rigs, CW, DX and antennas, but mostly about portable ops, which seems to be near and dear to both of us.  I promised Chris that I'd send him an e-mail the next time I head out to the picnic tables, and maybe if he has the time, he'll come out for a look-see. He's interested in the KX3. I'll have to remember to bring the mic along.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment