Friday, September 29, 2017

Zomboids afoot!

Paul Harden NA5N has officially announced that the Zombie Shuffle for 2017 will be on Friday, October 20th - which means I get to participate this year!  For the past few years, the Shuffle has fallen on the same Friday as the meeting for the ETS of NJ Club, of which I am Secretary.  It would be bad from to shirk my duties for participating in a QRP Sprint, so I have had to abstain.

I don't know why I luck out this year, and I don't care! I'm just glad that I will be able to participate.  The Zombie Shuffle is more of an operating event than a "contest" in the pure sense of the word, and it's always a good time.

Check out http://www.zianet.com/qrp/zombie/2017/pg.htm for the rules. If you've never joined in on the event, then please consider doing so this year.

And to answer that age old question, "Why is a QRP Sprint called the Zombie Shuffle?"

"Because Zombies can't run!" Bah-dum-bah.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


No comments:

Post a Comment