Friday, June 30, 2017

Long weekend coming up!

Independence Day is on Tuesday this year.  The company where I work (I'm a contract employee) had decided to shut down Monday as well, resulting in a four day weekend. As they used to say in Colonial times ......... "Huzzah!"

The weather for tomorrow is looking dicey, at best; but not Sunday.  Sunday is supposed to be sunny and about 91F (32C).  Sounds like a perfect day to go activate a POTA.

Monday and Tuesday will most likely be preoccupied with yard work, so Sunday will probably be the only "play radio" day.  I'd like to go activate an entity that I've never worked before. I was thinking maybe KFF-1618 Hacklebarney State Park.  A good friend of mine from my college days used to go there all the time; but I never have been.  Like any other State Park in NJ, it should have plenty of picnic tables to operate from, I just hope they're next to some really tall trees.


72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment