Thursday, December 22, 2016

Bah, Humbug!

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet these days, but I would sincerely hate to think this story is true:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/19/ham_radio_app_bad_review/

I used to be an HRD user, and even went so far as to purchase a license a couple of years ago, which has since expired for continued support.  For my needs, the software became a bit overblown and I really didn't want to keep renewing that license for continued support.

I have since returned to using Log4OM, which I had previously tried and have no intentions of ever turning back!  This is my logging program for now and for the foreseeable future.


Log4OM was developed by Daniele Pistollato – IW3HMH. It is free and is actually very intuitive and very user friendly, in addition to being aesthetically appealing, as well.  Daniele and his team keep providing upgrades and support and even offer an excellent User Manual which is easily downloadable.  And if you should ever run into a problem that's not answered in the manual, there's also an on-line forum on which the developers keep a close eye. They usually answer questions in a day if not with in hours, and the team is very friendly and gracious.

If you happen to be one of those people who is a "visual learner", meaning that it works better for you if you can actually see the program in use, there are plenty of videos on YouTube which will show you how the program works.  There are also additional videos that go into deeper explanation as how to use the additional features, such as linking to eQSL and Logbook of the World.

If you want a free Windows based logging program that is easy on the eyes, pretty simple to use with a relatively small learning curve - look no further. Log4OM may be the solution for you!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

3 comments:

  1. They actually admitted to blacklisting negative reviewers "but it was a rouge employee" (yeah right), and they have "reinstated" everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Larry, just a little off topic.......great to see a post from you I'm guessing the season is busy at this time. Hope your health and family are fine?
    Mike
    VE3WDM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Larry, I've seen the post already on google+ and I commented that I've seen this coming one way or another. I didn't like it when Simon sold his program years ago and sticked at HRD V4 and 5 which are free. It's all about money....I tried Log4OM years ago but was not that enthousiast about it, it might be that it has been developed over time. Still I'm using HRD V4 for my main logging as it is simple, databases can be shared via a cloud (dropbox) to synchronize all computers using the log and best feature is the simple filtering possebility. Will look at Log4OM next year to see if it has all these features. The picture at you blogpost looks very nice. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete