Monday, June 13, 2016

Lunchtime conditions

were meh.

I heard NC8N running an NPOTA entity on 40 Meters while listening on the Buddistick. Since the Buddistick doesn't load up well on 40 Meters, I quickly switched over to the Hamstick. By the time I got the Hamstick on the magnmount, NC8N went south in the QSB and I couldn't hear him any longer. Typical for W2LJ.

I switched back to the Buddistick and 20 Meters and worked good friend and fellow QRPer John N8ZYA.  After a very short contact, I worked KP4/W2PK.  Not that Puerto Rico is rare, but there was bit of a pileup. Not being able to resist trying to break a pileup with QRP, I jumped in. After figuring out the QRG frequency, it only took a few calls and the pileup was busted with 5 Watts.

Conditions weren't terrible, but they weren't great, either. At least Ol' Sol had 39 freckles today where last week, he had none. Hopefully, things will improve as we inch ever closer to Field Day.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment