Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Another decent lunchtime

and not all what I expected, actually.  I had been seeing notices on the e-mail reflectors and Facebook, about how there was supposed to be another CME headed right for Earth, possibly causing HF disruptions and all that.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

It turned out to be a productive session with QSOs on 20, 17 and 15 Meters.

I worked Tom K3Y/7 (WB7EUX) in Oregon, for a 17 Meter trans-Continental QSO.  Then, on 20 Meters,  I worked Dennis WA2USA who was activating NPOTA HP13, the George Rogers Clark National Historical Park.  That was followed by another brief 20 Meter QSO with Dave N9ZXL, who did not have a good copy on me.  I ended by going on up to 15 Meters, where I had another K3Y QSO, but this time with K3Y/KP4 - Pablo (KP4SJ) in Puerto Rico.

The weather was warmer at lunchtime, also. The outside temperature was somewhere around 30F (-1C), and the interior of the Jeep is black. With the windows closed and the interior absorbing the sunlight that was prevalent today, it was actually comfortable in the Jeep today.

On a different note, I saw where Ramsey Electronics has abandoned the hobby kit market.  I've put together a few of their kits over the years.  I suppose with "thru-hole" components becoming more and more scarce, they felt it just wasn't a viable concern for them anymore. Still, it's sad to see another kit outlet go by the wayside.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment