Monday, July 27, 2015

The part of life that bites

Today, I learned in an e-mail that a member of the VE team that I work with, Bob Conroy KB2VMG became a Silent Key this past Saturday.


I have only known Bob for a little while, but he was the type of person that it was very hard not to take a liking to. He had a great sense of humor and a quick smile. He was a fellow Elecraft enthusiast and was an all around Ham, interested in rag chewing, chasing DX, operating all modes, etc. - and very knowledgeable about all of it.  And he always had a good story to share whenever he saw you.

I knew that Bob wasn't feeling the greatest and had recently taken a sabbatical from work. I was hoping that was to take care of some nagging medical issues, and then get back on track. I had no idea that he was as sick as he was.

Although I didn't know him as well as I would have liked, I will miss KB2VMG very much, and I will mourn not only him, but for the deeper friendship that could have been.

Prayers for Bob and his family as they navigate through this difficult time.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment