Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Successful lunchtime QRP session

Today was a good one. The sun is shining brilliantly and it's a balmy 72F (22C) outside. It actually feels like Spring is here, for a change! And as icing on the cake, the HF bands seemed to be in good shape. I was able to work the following stations, all at 5 Watts with the Buddistick magmounted atop my Jeep roof:

SO90IARU - Poland - 17M
AM690VQ - Balearic Islands - 10M
MD0CCE - Isle of Man - 17M
AM690VQ - Balearic Islands - 15M
K9FO - Illinois - 20M


The last QSO was a bit of a ragchew with Will in Illinois.

So I made contacts on 10, 15, 17 and 20 Meters. Too bad I couldn't hear anyone on 12 Meters, I could have had a straight flush going there - all CW, of course. This is the kind of lunchtime QRP session that makes the balance of the workday just a bit more bearable.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Do you find it difficult to remove your magnetic Buddistick mount from your car? How do you prevent scratches on your car? I have been thinking of using one on my car for lunchtime QSO's also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No difficulties at all, Keith. A tilt and a pull and it comes right off. To prevent scratches, I bought a set of those furniture glidey things that you can use to glide heavy objects across the floor. This set came with fleecey covers so that you can move furniture across hardwood floors. I took three of them off the furniture gliders and placed them on my magnets. Since I'm only stationery mobile, that's not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete