Wednesday, March 25, 2015

And another thing!

Another thing I have to do is clean the shack. I know I'm a member of the Flying Pigs QRP ARC International, but my shack has gotten out of hand. It is fast approaching sty status. It has become a dumping ground for all kinds of stuff. I need to spend at the very least, a couple of hours organizing and getting rid of some things that are just not needed anymore.

Maybe this Saturday, among other things.  There are just not enough hours in a day.

At lunchtime, 17 Meters was HOPPING! I worked PI4DX who was 599+ and Al N4OW answered my CQ near the QRP Watering Hole at 18.086 MHz. We had a short little chat and Al's 5 Watts to me was phenomenal! 599+, definitely. He was feeding his QRP power to an 80 Meters loop which he said was low to the ground. And if you look at the photo from his QRZ listing, he wasn't kidding:


That's maybe 20 feet or a bit less? But, whatever, it was sure doing the trick today. When he answered my CQ, I just about fell off the Jeep's back seat, he was so loud!

Two nice QSOs today during lunch with really loud signals sure makes up for those tough Fox hunt QSOs from last night.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Larry, great fun on 17m. I know the owner of this great PI4DX conteststation for a long time. Has been working him many times long long time ago when he was a 11m operator just like me. I use a 80m loop as well and it's not heigh as well, although this one is really low. My experience is that it works very well on DX as well. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete