Friday, February 13, 2015

Something that struck me as odd.

I was looking around the K1N Website - of course I went there to make sure that I'm in the log:


As stated before, 80 and 40 Meters were QRO, for the ATNO, and 20 Meters was the QRP ATNO. Only three band spots, but I met my goal(s), so I'm happy.

But looking at some of the pictures, I saw:

 and this:


Look at all the graffiti!  I guess most of it was done before the island became protected in 1999 (although I plainly see "2014" scrawled on the wall in the top picture). Still, to see that much of it in a supposedly "out of the way" place (and a wildlife refuge, to boot!), surprised me. If I didn't know any better, I could have thought these photos were snapped in Newark, Philadelphia or some other large city.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is normal a normal security presence on the island even now. Haitian fisherman are always around fishing. USFWS personnel are on the island providing security for the expedition, though.

    73,

    Paul, N8HM

    ReplyDelete