Sunday, June 22, 2014

Not bad!

36 intrepid souls have signed up for the 2014 NJQRP Skeeter hunt since the opening bell rang early yesterday morning. And I am proud to say that one of our Skeeters this year is Mr. NJQRP himself.  George N2APB sent an e-mail and was assigned Skeeter #29.

I also see that several of my fellow QRP Polar Bears have signed up for numbers, too.  These guys are fantastic and are never ones to miss the opportunity for an outdoor QRP adventure. Thank you fellow Polar Bears - grrrrrrrrrrr. Will be looking to join you in swatting Skeeters from bear hide this August.

I'd like to take this opportunity to "borrow" and old New Jersey slogan.  This was an advertisement that ran back in the days when Tom Kean was governor and it was designed to increase tourism in NJ.  It went like this, "New Jersey and you ..... prefect together."

If I may, this kind of sums up the whole idea and intent behind the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

"QRP and the great outdoors ..... perfect together!"

Join us and see for yourself.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!
2014 Skeeter #13

MONDAY MORNING IMPORTANT UPDATE:  Argggghhhhh!  I went to my spam file this morning and found about 20 Skeeter Number requests that were sent over the weekend. I didn't know they were there, and I didn't even think to check there until this morning!  So if you sent me an e-mail request over the weekend and still haven't heard from me .....you will tonight. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment