Sunday, April 07, 2013

Over and done

So another QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party has come and gone.  It was definitely fun.  As strictly a "Giver of Points", I had set a personal goal to make more than 50 contacts between chores and other commitments (you can tell I'm not a big time contester, eh?)  I beat that!  I got a chance to sit in the chair for just a little bit more time today and I finished up with 62 QSOs in the log.

The highlights today were:

1) Working EA4CWN on both 15 and 20 Meters.  Alfonso was operating at the 2 Watt level, so that was way cool.  He was 559 on 15 Meters; but with the same power was 599 on 20 Meters.  I tried real hard to work DL2BZG (I think that was his call) on 15 Meters, but he just wasn't hearing me.  EA2LU, EA4CWN, HB9DAX and almost this DL2 station - I'm not used to hearing this much DX in a QRP ARCI contest!

2) Working my good bud, Bob W3BBO on 40 Meters.  I think this might have been our first KX3 to K3 QSO.  Last time I worked him with my KX3, I think Bob still had his Yaesu.

3) Working Lloyd K3ESE on 40 Meters. Lloyd has gotten away from the hobby. He used to be a steady standby in the QRP Fox hunts. I haven't heard him in years, so it was good to hear his CW again.

Oh, and Hans W1JSB did a video of our QSO last night.  Here's how I sounded in New Hampshire (neat radio he has there!)



Thanks for the QSO and the video, Hans!  It's always cool to hear what you sound like from the other end. And I didn't flub the exchange, either (whew!).

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment