Thursday, August 02, 2012

This n' that

A package arrived through the mail today from Universal Radio.  I purchased one o' them thar fancy PAR EF-10-20-40 antennas.  It kind of goes against the grain to buy a commercial antenna, but it has gotten great reviews and eliminates the need for a counterpoise.  I figured, "Why not?".  The other thing that is good is that I can use it on other bands by cutting my own radiators. Hopefully if the weather is decent this weekend, I can take it to the park with the antenna analyzer to tune it.

Skeeter number requests came in a flurry today!  We're up to number 105; and I think I owe many thanks to Jim W4QO for promoting the Skeeter Hunt on the NOGAQRP e-mail reflector.  Thanks, Jim!

The 20 Meter QRP Fox hunts continue tonight.  No thunderstorms like last week, so just maybe I'll be able to catch a pelt or two.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment