Thursday, August 16, 2012

Like listening to a symphony

It was a tough day at work, but ......

I was really lucky tonight and both Foxes in the 20 Meter QRP Fox hunt were loud into New Jersey. I got both their pelts quite quickly and they were both VERY honest 599s into NJ.  This was kind of an unexpected surprise, and a quite welcome one at that. Tuning around 20 Meters a few minutes prior to the hunt, I saw that the ambient noise level on the band is around an S7. I was expecting to be skunked as a result.

But TJ W0EA and John K4BAI have superb ears and both heard me really quickly. And as a side benefit of working them so early, I can now sit here and relax and listen. It's like listening to a fine piece of music. Both are masters of their frequencies - firing off QSOs with liquid ease.  If not like a symphony, then it's certainly like a fine ballet; or perhaps akin to enjoying a piece of velvety smooth chocolate.

Bravo to both Foxes. It was not only good working both of you; but a joy to listen to your efforts working others.  Fine codesmanship (new word?) is a wonderful thing.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment