Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I can't resist

posting Jim W1PID's accounts of his portable ops on my blog.

http://www.w1pid.com/hike/hike.html

This is a report on his latest trip to Knox Mountain and the DX he worked while there.

I am sorry for not being original and I certainly don't mean to steal Jim's thunder in any way.  He posts these to QRP-L, but these are always so good, they're worth sharing with those of you who might not be subscribers to QRP-L.

These little reports that Jim posts are a huge inspiration to me; and I hope they serve that purpose for you too.  You don't need to be stuck in your "normal" shack all day in order to make contacts or work distant countries.  You know it as well as I do - a radio, a battery, a key and some wire is all you need for a passport to the rest of the globe.

Thanks Jim, for sharing again!  These keep me wanting to do the same. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"There's nothing better than a QRP radio, some wire and the great outdoors!"

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment