Monday, July 30, 2012

Knock me over with a feather!

I had two nice DX QSOs tonight on 20 Meters and you could have knocked me over with a feather.  Both ops actually carried on somewhat "normal" QSOs with me!  Ivan EA2NN and Jean F6HFX (who was also QRP, BTW).



Now mind you, due mainly to QSB, these weren't long rag chews by any means; but we did exchange (besides RST), rig, antenna, weather information - that kind of thing. Wow! DX QSOs that were heckuva lot longer than "TU 599 QRZ?" !!!

Man, that takes me back to my Novice days when QSOs with DX stations were like any other.  In fact, I still have QSLs where in addition to the card, I got letters and photos!

I really, really miss that; and it was nice to get just a teeny taste of that again, tonight.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP

No comments:

Post a Comment