Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Tag lines

A couple of years ago, Jim W4QO asked me in an e-mail if I would mind him using my QRP tag line - "QRP - when you care to send the very least!"  Of course, I said "Sure, go ahead". It's not like I copyrighted it or anything.  I didn't think anything about it until W3BBO brought the following to my attention.

This appeared in this week's ARRL's Contest Update by Ward Silver N0AX:

WORD TO THE WISE
Here are some various bits of homespun ham wisdom -
"QRP - when you care enough to send the very least (W4QO)"
"Aren't you glad you use QSK? Don't you wish everybody did?" (K8MP)
And not wanting to pass up the opportunity to chime in, "Not zero-beating stations means beating zero stations," by your editor.

I guess Jim saw it too (or someone had mentioned it to him), as he sent me another e-mail today saying, "I hope you don't mind that I use that".  I replied mentioning a quote of Ronald Reagan's - "There's no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit".

I'm just glad my little tag line (a take off on the old FTD slogan actually) is getting noticed.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Larry, last week when I was going over QST I saw it too. I was surprised to see it and just assumed he was a reader of your blog....but yes it's nice that it's getting out there.

    ReplyDelete