Saturday, July 02, 2011

Not hearing

any of the 13 Colony Special Event stations in the CW portions of the bands.  I see them listed on the TelNet clusters as being active in the SSB portion, though.

I did manage to work S51DX in Slovenia with 5 Watts on 40 Meters tonight.  If I don't work any better DX tomorrow from the park, that will be my first entry in the Club72 DX Marathon for July.

Something that I heard that was really strange.  A station was calling CQ on 40 Meters and started doing a military style drum cadence using his straight key.  It was an unmistakable drum beat, that was instantly recognizable especially if you've ever marched in a parade.  He did that three or four times before continuing to call CQ.  Weird!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment