Friday, July 01, 2011

My Fancy-Shmancy Spray Booth


Is the top of an old pizza box in my driveway!  The 400 grit sandpaper finished off the brass pieces of the Baby Black Widow very nicely, giving them a smooth, satiny brushed finish.  I stopped at Home Depot on the way home last night to pick up some 4/40 screws.  These are being used to fill the threaded holes while spraying so that they don't get all gunked up.  It's a good thing I decided to pick up two packets of screws - one would not have been enough!


I have given the pieces two light coats tonight - the lacquer I purchased needs only a 30 minute wait between coats.  Tomorrow, I will flip the pieces over to get the "other" sides.  A good drying period of tomorrow afternoon and all day Sunday and I should be able to finish the build on Monday.

I was looking at the Black Widow gallery on Jerry W5JH's Website and when I do the bigger set of  Black Widow paddles, I think I might polish them to a mirror finish using my Dremel and polishing wheels.  There was an example there and it really looked slick.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment