Monday, July 04, 2011

MI QRP Independence Day Sprint


For me, at least, it turned out to be a dud, kind of like the firework above.  I worked less than a dozen stations and about three or four of those ended up being ragchews.  I was calling "CQ MI QRP" and I guess that was interpreted as a general "CQ QRP" call.  Hey, I met two new QRP friends that I've never worked before, so it wasn't a total loss! And I ended up catching up with some friends I haven't spoken with in a while.

I pulled the plug when the time between contacts became really excessive.  At that point, it's just better to go and read or get other things done.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you

3 comments:

  1. What is the "MI" for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! Sorry for not making that clear. Michigan QRP Club, who sponsors the sprint.

    Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same experience for me. I'm right across the pond from Michigan and expected to hear a ton of activity. Nothing. I don't believe this reflects on the club, perhaps it was because we finally are enjoying some actual summer weather in the Midwest after a terrible spring.

    ReplyDelete