Friday, July 15, 2011

Inspired

Last night we went into Lake George Village to grab some dinner before the weekly Thursday night fireworks.  We went to this place called the Moose Tooth Grill where I had one of the best burgers I have ever eaten anywhere.  Before you wonder where I am going with this, I'll explain.

My kids got to order from the Kid's Menu. After they were done, I perused their menus.  The menu gave details about some of the surrounding sites and attractions, including some short, easy, family hikes in the nearby mountains.  I'm not Dennis Blanchard, K1YPP and I'm not about to traverse the Appalachian Trail; but a few, easy short hikes next year with some mountain top portable radio ops sound like fun to me!  I seem to be in the process of getting the routine down of tossing a wire and getting on the air; so I could see myself doing it from an easy mountain trail.

By the way, if you've never read Three Hundred Zeroes, I would recommend it highly.  While Amateur Radio plays a minor role in the book, it was a great read none the less.  I finished it in two days.  Dennis is a great story teller.

Steve Weber KD1JV is mentioned in the book, when Dennis met him on the trail,  It also happened that Dennis was carrying an ATS-3 along with him.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment