Sunday, July 24, 2011

Idyllic

When I think of QRP and outdoors, there are several Hams that come to mind immediately.  Guy N7UN, Steve WG0AT, Ed WA3WSJ, Ron WB3AAL, Ken WA8REI, Rem K6BBQ, and others.  One more important addition to that list has to be Jim W1PID.  As I've mentioned so many times before, Jim lives up in the beautiful state of New Hampshire and always has a wonderful story about his latest adventure/hike.

Today was no exception;


Lest you think I'm poaching material, I think these stories by Jim and the other Hams I have mentioned are so important.  These guys get my blood pumping to get off my butt and head outdoors to operate. They are my inspiration.  And the reward for following their lead is so wonderful. Setting up a radio and a wire in a field or park, and working another station, with the sun shining on your back and a breeze in your face is a high like no other.

They should be your inspiration too.  If you've never tried outdoor portable QRP ops before, NOW is the time.  I guarantee you that once you get a taste of this, you'll never want to stop.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment