Sunday, July 17, 2011

By the skin of my teeth, literally!

I managed to snare K6JSS/1 from Vermont into the logbook.

I had QRPSPOTS on all day waiting for an announcement for 40 Meters.  As soon as I saw it, I scurried down to the shack and called K6JSS/1 as soon as I heard him.  Of course as soon as we started our QSO, some lid comes on frequency and begins a minutes long tuneup session.  Good grief!

As luck would have it, I started listening up a bit higher in frequency and found him calling CW without interference; and this time we concluded our QSO the right way.  Art KB1NHV QRT'ed from 40 Meters right after our QSO.  Guess he was tired of the QRM, too!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry,

    I really enjoy your blogging but…

    The correct title would be “By the skin of my teeth (figuratively)” since no teeth or skin were actually involved.

    Sorry but I couldn’t resist the light hearted edit!

    - Glenn DJ0IQ and W9IQ

    ReplyDelete