Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Iowa is in the books!!

Thanks to Jerry W0PWE, K6JSS/0 and the state of Iowa is in the books. I saw where he announced on QRPSPOTS that he was going to be QRV on 20 Meters. After my less than stellar luck on 40 Meters, I decided to high tail my kiester to the shack, PRONTO.

What a difference the right band makes!  Jerry was loud into NJ.  569 to almost 579 loud on the Butternut HF9V.  Jerry answered me on my first call and gave me a 559 in turn.  I was a very happy camper,to say the least.

So far, it seems all the states have done a wonderful job airing the K6JSS callsign given the resources at hand.  I only hope that when it is New Jersey's turn in the batter's box, that we make our state proud.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Larry,

    Your antenna must do a fantastic job. Could barely hear him tonight but managed to work him.

    ARCI# 14435

    ReplyDelete