Monday, May 23, 2011

I think shaking the dead chicken worked

About a month ago, Thunderbird stopped working for me.  It received e-mails fine; but for the life of me, it wouldn't send one.  I kept getting a timeout error when it attempted to hook up to my ISP's outgoing mail server.

I tried changing settings, downloading the newest version - everything I could think of.  Nothing.  So for the past few weeks, I have been using Verizon's Yahoo page for looking at my e-mails.

Today, just for the heck of it, I sent myself a "test" e-mail, using Thunderbird.  It worked!  Thunderbird is now working with the Verizon outgoing server again - something healed itself.

Or perhaps it was the dead chicken that I shook at the computer?

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:02 AM

    Most likely something was mis-configured at your ISP's end.

    ReplyDelete