Thursday, March 03, 2011

40 Meters long again!

40 Meters proved to be quite the "long line" again tonight.  I did work one of the QRP-L Foxes.  This time it was Marshall Emm N1FN in Aurora, CO.  The G5RV didn't seem to be getting the job done, so I switched over to the HF9V.  Answered on the second call!

However, the G5RV was good enough to work HH4/AF4Z in Haiti and even though I didn't work him, F3NB was booming in like gangbusters!

The station that I really wanted to work, but didn't, was K7UGA, who I heard around 7.028 MHz.  The late Senator Barry Goldwater's call is being used for a special event station.  I never actually worked the Senator while he was alive; but it would've been neat to work it now.  I'll bet the QSL is going to be special.

No delivery yet on either the Ladder Line Grabber or the bug weights.  Why does it always seem to take so long to get something that you really need or want?  This weekend Cara has a cheerleading competition; but next weekend is looking like it might have some potential for antenna work.  If the Emtech piece doesn't come by then, I may be forced to homebrew something.  I'm sure whatever I come up with will work just fine, but it probably won't be half as pretty!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment