Friday, January 21, 2011

80 Meters too!

After looking at QRPSPOTS one more time for the evening, I saw that K6JSS-4/W4QO had switched to 80 Meters. Always up for a challenge, I decided to give it a shot.

Band conditions on 80 Meters did indeed prove to be a challenge and the QSO was much more difficult than the one on 40 Meters.  After a few tries, Jim finally heard me and gave me a 339.  I gave Jim a 559.  I ended up finding that things worked best with the Butternut HF9V vertical, much to my surprise.  Usually the wire works better on 80 Meters.  This time the vertical did.  Everything is topsy-turvy with 80 Meters this winter!

By the way, this post is being done via the Kindle.  Versatile lil' bugger!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog very useful info looks real cool to! 73 de matt m6ceb

    ReplyDelete