Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mor(s)e fun!

I got to play around more in the QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party today.  My time was once again limited between leaf raking and other cleaning chores.  But I got a few QSOs in between distractions; and had a lot of fun.

15 Meters was open again; but not to the extent that it was yesterday.  It also seemed like there were fewer station on 15 Meters today than yesterday.  20 and 40 Meters were the hot bands today and as the closing minutes of the event are winding down, there is some activity on 80 Meters.

The highlights today were working my good friend Bob W3BBO on both 40 and 80 Meters.  We even gave 160 Meters a shot; but I didn't hear anything.  I really have to get that 160 Meter vertical constructed - SOON!  I was also fortunate to work John K3WWP twice today as N3A - the NAQCC Anniversary station, on both 80 and 40 Meters also.

I worked TO3GA on 40 Meters at 22:09 UTC.  Boy, was he loud!  Great signal from Martinique.

All in all, it looks like approximately 65 stations were worked during the meager amount of time I was able to put in.  It was nice to get my feet wet again a QRP ARCI event.  Thanks to all of you out there who heard my signal and allowed me to give you some contest points.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Larry, I too had a blast in this event only 17 QSO's for me but it's not about the contacts but having fun. Did not hear you in there for some reason lots of QRM up this way.

    ReplyDelete