Friday, September 24, 2010

Vanity Call

OK, so we've had KC2ZDH for two days now.

I applied for a Vanity Call for the club.  Something a little more appropriate, incorporating the town's intials -
S & P.

Again, even though I renewed my own license earlier this year, I am still amazed at just how easy it is to renew an Amateur Radio license or apply for a Vanity Call using the FCC's website!  Why anyone would choose to throw money away by having a certain third party do the filing for them is beyond me.

If you want to do it; but are intimidated by the FCC website, send me an e-mail.  I will explain it the best I can and I'll save you the $7.  You can use that to buy some transistors or something!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larry, I can understand that a long call isn't always fine, though the rhythm is good with CW. ;-) For the time being I use my vanity call sign again PC4T. My old first call sign PA0PSY is too long... Have a good weekend , Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Larry, I was wanting to go for a two letter call. As it may be a bit easier for CW. Checked the RAC website and all two letter calls at this time are spoken for. Oh well

    ReplyDelete