Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just as I thought!

I managed to snag a pelt from Don NK6A in California. I heard the Hounds chasing Arn K0ZK, in Maine; but did not hear even a whisper out of him. So it's a "1fur" in New Jersey tonight.

BUT ...... I did manage to build the entire 160 Meter board for the K2 while I was listening for Arn. Funny, but I seem to have misplaced the panel mount BNC connector. I have no idea where it got itself to. Luckily, I have one with a Rockmite kit that I never finished; so I will use that one. I will order a replacement for the Rockmite and a few spares in the meantime.

So now all I have to do is open the K2 and do some minor surgery to install the 160 Meter board. I hate tearing open a perfectly working radio! I will probably swallow hard and bite the bullet possibly Friday night and get it installed and the K2 buttoned back up before this weekend. I have the QRP ARCI SK Memorial Sprint on Saturday as well as the NJ QSO Party this weekend.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. I understand Larry about having to open the K2. I am building the KPA100 and I am at the stage were I am having to open up my perfectly functioning K2 as well. They even have me removing the control board to check a cap rating... :0 . Good luck with the 160m install.

    ReplyDelete