Sunday, June 20, 2010

RFTB results

for me were not all that impressive. I quit the Sprint early at about 0215 UTC, as it seemed I worked everyone who was able to hear me. When I hit 20 minutes of CQing and was getting no answers; and searching yielded no new stations, I pulled the plug. Like Kenny Rogers sang, "You gotta know when to hold 'em; and know when to fold 'em".

9 QSOs with 8 different S/P/Cs. One contact on 20 Meters and the rest were on 40 Meters. I guess all the Dads were "festivitied out" from the various Father's Day celebrations taking place; and undoubtedly some areas of the country were probably experiencing thunderstorms.

I'm surprised that we didn't get any today. The high for the day must have been around 92 or 93 degrees (34C). It's rare when a day like this occurs and we don't get a thunderstorm; and there are none in the forecast for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is the official first day of Summer and we are supposed to have temperatures in the high 80s (about 31C) all week.

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment