Monday, June 21, 2010

How did I miss it?

I must have missed the announcement on the QRP reflectors. Generally, I do not miss things like this, especially when I am making an effort to keep my eyes peeled. But somehow, I missed the beginning sign ups for a Bee number for the Flight of the Bumblebees Sprint on the last Sunday in July.

This is one of my favorite events; and I really look forward to it each year. I'd participate even without a Bee number; but exchanging numbers makes it all the more fun.

Thanks to Bob AF2Q for pointing me in the right direction:

http://adventure-radio.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Get_a_Bee_Number

My suggestion, if you are so inclined, is to send Chris K6DBG an e-mail via the link and get yourself a number.

This year, I am thinking of making the trip up to Washington Rock State Park, if the weather is decent that day. I've been meaning to do that for a few years now; but it seems like something has always come up to foil my plans. Maybe this year will be different.

BTW !!!! For a really cool photo of what the Southern Lights look like from ABOVE the earth's atmosphere take a gander over here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1288284/Revealed-The-stunning-green-glow-Southern-Lights-photographed-astronauts-ABOVE.html

The Daily Mail in the UK has published a NASA photo taken from the International Space Station. Way cool!

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment