Monday, March 22, 2010

PFR3A Pics

I haven't posted any photos of the PFR3A lately, so here goes .....


This one is of the top side of the circuit board. Everything here is done. I have one last component to mount before entering the final phases of the build and that is T3. If you click on the photo to look at the enlarged version, you will see where I had to remount U11 (the silvery looking rectangular device right above the phone jacks) and the mending job that I had to do to the circuit board at the lower right hand corner of U11.


This is the bottom of the board, you can see the BFO trimmer at the extreme left edge, the poly-variable caps as well as L1, T1 (upper left) and L8 through L13 (upper right). If you look closely towards the bottom right hand corner, you can see where T3 will eventually be mounted. I'm a bit tired tonight after a busy day at work and melting some solder to get to this point. I think I will tackle T3 tomorrow night.

72 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larry, nice blog filled with execellent photos and to-the-point text. Very interesting, so thank you.
    73
    Toby
    in Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Larry. Thanks! I am still toying with the idea of getting a PFR3 for my use, but now the ATS4 has distracted me.

    ReplyDelete