Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bands were decent today.

While I was tooling around with the PFR3A, I kept the K2 on and did some dial twiddling. In the process, on 17 Meters, I managed to work David MIØSRR. David lives in Northern Ireland, near Belfast. I've worked Northern Ireland before; but not with QRP, so this was a "new one" for me and brings me up to 104 via QRP CW.

What holds even more significance, on a personal level, is that David's QTH is probably not too terribly far from where my mother-in-law was born and raised. Marianne's mom is from Donegal in Ireland which is about 100 miles or less (as the crow flies) from Dromore in Northern Ireland. This QSO was made with the K2 at 5 Watts (of course) and the Butternut HF9V. David was booming in to New Jersey with an honest 599. I got a 579 back.

40 Meters is open right now; and I am hearing a lot of Hungarian and French stations.

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment