Wednesday, January 20, 2010

K4TWJ - SK

It was with profound sadness that I read the following on QRP-L upon arriving home this evening:

My Fellow QRPers,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that Dave Ingram, K4TWJ, became a silent key this morning. He fought hard but was unable to recover from the after effects of the massive heart attack that he suffered on New Year's Eve. I have expressed my heartfelt sympathy to Sandy, WB4OEE, from the entire QRP community but I am sure a card of sympathy to Sandy might help HER in her time of grief. I know I will miss reading Dave's column as I have truly enjoyed the enthusiasm Dave had for everything aspect of QRP. He will surely be missed!

Sandy's address is:

SANDRA W INGRAM

3994 LONG LEAF DRIVE

GARDENDALE, AL 35071

USA

Rex W1REX

I met Dave over the telephone back in the early days of the NAQCC. I am not exactly sure how he got my number, he probably e-mailed me and I gave it to him. When he found out about the NAQCC, he was genuinely enthused and wanted to help publicize this fledgling group devoted to QRP and CW. We spoke several times and a CQ article was the result. I had worked Dave several times on the air after that, usually in a QRP sprint; and never once failed to receive a 'Hi, Larry".

To say he was enthusiastic about QRP and CW would be an understatement of the nth magnitude. He was so enthusiastic that he was infectious. But on top of that he was a true gentleman and a kind soul. He will be forever missed by those of us who shared his passion. His shoes will probably never be filled in exactly the same way.

Requiscat in Pace, Dave.

73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. It is with great sadness that we report that our friend and longtime colleague, Dave Ingram, K4TWJ, became a Silent Key this morning (Jan. 20), as a result of complications from a massive heart attack he suffered on New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without Dave, big less of the QRP world, we all need to do much more with this big less..

    ReplyDelete