Friday, December 18, 2009

It came ..... and is coming!

I arrived home today to find my PFR3A waiting for me! A very nice surprise indeed! And to make up for the long wait, Doug KI6DS included one of his Battery Status Indicator kits. Very nice touch. I will have to go online tomorrow to download the new construction manual; as well as go to the PFR3 Yahoo group to take a look at the manual errata. Sunday, if there's enough time, I will do an inventory.

And it looks like there will be time on Sunday; as we are expecting the first major snow storm of the season to hit this weekend. It is cold enough that this will be an "all snow" and a "no rain" event. For the moment, the weather forecasters are talking about 4 to 12 inches (10 to 30 cm).

I am planning to get up early tomorrow to get the snow blower out of the shed along with the gas can. I will have to hit the gas station, though, as I used the last of my gas when I last mowed the lawn for the season. You know what's going to happen, though ..... as soon as I get the snow blower out and gassed up - the storm will fizzle out.

My son and I went grocery shopping tonight; and the store was so crowded, you'd think they were giving food away. Most people were filling up on the staples; but I did my grocery shopping for the week (including Christmas). For the Holiday, we are having people over, so I procured a turkey and a ham and all the trimmings. If we do get snow, it looks like it will stay cold enough all week long, so that we will have a White Christmas this year. Those are few and far between.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done except for a few odds and ends that I can pick up easily. It will be nice to stay in and hibernate this weekend!

73 de Larry W2LJ

Blogger's note - Latest weather forecast is calling for 50+ MPH winds tomorrow night - it will be blizzard like! That's also when the majority of the snow accumulation is supposed to occur.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Larry, you will have a white Christmas for sure. We didn't all the Christmas shopping done. Tomorrow the XYL is having her birthday, so that will come first, and then funeral Wednesday, a family member died yesterday. So, and then I'll go for Christmas shopping. A little bit late. We have still snow here, and it's freezing minus 7 at the moment. But Monday the temperature will rise again so the snow we'll be gone, no white Christmas here. Have a nice weekend, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covered up here in WV...about a foot on the ground in the valley and two feet in the mountains.

    John N8ZYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Keep us posted on your build. I love my PFR3!

    ReplyDelete