Sunday, September 27, 2009

New car shopping

The Explorer, which is now 10 years old, has developed a really nasty grinding noise that just reared its ugly head on Friday. I dropped it off at the shop yesterday, and they can't even look at it until tomorrow.

I will be renting a car tomorrow AM so that I can get back and forth to and from work. Kelly Blue Book value on the Explorer is $2500. So ...... if we're talking a repair of about $4000 or more we just might take the plunge and put that money towards something new.

As much as I would like a Jeep, I really can't afford one. Marianne and I were looking at a Hyundai Tuscon, which we figure that we could get for under 20K. We'd still like to have something in the SUV or crossover class so that Marianne could get to the hospital in bad snow if she needs to.

I'm really hoping that it's not as bad as it sounds, so that we don't have to start up with car payments again.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment