Friday, July 24, 2009

Zapped out

Wow! What a week!

As much as I was able to recharge "my batteries" last week up at the Lake, that's how much in one short week they have been depleted again. Work was a madhouse this week; and today was especially bad. I had a whole bunch of networking equipment to prepare for installation tonight. My partner and I thought we'd get it all done and have the last hour to "cruise" a bit and get the chance to catch up on paperwork. That's when "The Phone Call" came and we were informed of another work order for another 15 routers, switches, firewalls that had to be completed before day's end. Problem is, we were notified at 2:30 PM! We hustled and got it done, with only about a half hour's overtime. The company does NOT like to pay overtime in these economic conditions; but seems to expect super human performance nonetheless.

Anyway, it's a good thing that the Flight of the Bumblebees is on Sunday and is not a weeknight event. I am so pooped that I don't think I have the energy to create a dit or a dah tonight. Plus the fact that the sky is starting to turn that lead gray color doesn't help. My dog is kind of restless right now; the way he normally gets before oncoming thunderstorms. Looks like we might have one in a few.

The weather is supposed to be sunny and hot tomorrow. The kids have a swim meet in the AM; but I think in between chores afterwards, that I will have time to fabricate my 88' EDZ zip cord antenna that I plan to use on Sunday. Everything else is ready to go. I have my K1 travel kit ready and on standby (as always). Inside the car are the Buddistick, the PAC-12 and my Black Widow crappie pole with my homebrewed support, plus a bunch of other assorted portable antenna stuff.

I am really looking forward to operating outdoors on Sunday. Please take the time to participate in the FOBB and especially listen for Bee #2 - that would be me, W2LJ. Hopefully I will be able to give you a good signal report from Washington Rock. As of right this moment, according to Weather Underground the weather forecast is:

Sunday
Partly sunny with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms developing. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent

So it looks like I'll have to also bring along a cooler with some cold water and hopefully the thunderstorms will hold off until after 5:00 PM!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment