Saturday, July 25, 2009

The best laid plans ......

do often go awry.

I planned to go to early Mass in the morning, so that I could be up at Washington Rock tomorrow by Noon; to set up and be ready to start Bumblebeeing precisely at the 1:00 PM start of FOBB. However, this afternoon I was asked to participate with my brother Knights of Columbus in a ceremony at church tomorrow, honoring a Deacon on the 10th anniversary of his ordination. That starts at 11:00 and probably won't be done until Noon or a little after. Then I have to go home and change, etc. etc. etc.

I probably won't make it to the Rock until 12:30 or 12:45 if I'm lucky ........... so I will either get a late start OR I can simply operate from a park here in town, where travel time is nil. I will probably wait and see what the weather looks like tomorrow. It's supposed to be hot; but if the sky is gray and threatening, I'll go to the local park. If it's sunny, I'll try and make it to the Rock and just deal with the late start.

I'm not the only one by any means, who has his plans go haywire. For an interesting read on W1PID's attempts to make some PSK31 contacts from the field, take a look here.

73 de Larry W2LJ
Bee #2

No comments:

Post a Comment