Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This bites!

Or rather, doesn't physically bite; but is just as bad.

I had my wisdom tooth out yesterday. The actual procedure only lasted about 25 minutes or so; and I didn't feel a thing. I was shot up with so much carbocaine that all I felt was some pressure and not much else.

And, in all honesty, the after procedure pain isn't all that bad, either. The pain in the butt part is walking around with gauze in my mouth to control the bleeding. The surgeon had to cut pretty deep into my gum to get that little monster out. I got to see the X-ray he took and the tooth was coming out sideways!

Anyway, the wound was stitched up and now it's on the mend; and I have to deal with gauze in my mouth which isn't so bad except having something dry in your mouth is one of the most weird sensations!

And for the next 24 hours I am limited to food like yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese - anything I don't have to chew; and I am extremely prohibited from eating anything with small seeds like poppy seeds or strawberries.

I am more than half tempted to go out and get a pizza and put it in a blender so that I can have some real food! Just kidding.

On the bright side, I see where the SSN is up to 18 today. I took a vacation day from work; because I really can't talk too well with gauze in my mouth. I went down the basement and fired up 20 Meters and there isn't anything going on! Maybe there will be more signals later in the day when our European counterparts come home from work for the weekend.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. You have my sympathy. I had mine removed when I was in high school. It was awful! Hope you're feeling better (and eating better!) soon!

    AD7NT

    ReplyDelete