Friday, May 08, 2009

Busy weekend coming up

Tonight, after getting home from work, I took the opportunity to mow the lawn. Ugh! It has rained just about every day this past week, with today being the first dry one in a while. Needless to say, the grass was tall and THICK! It was not a fun chore trying to cut through all that. I think I should have got in touch with Steve WGØAT and maybe arranged to borrow Rooster and Peanut for a while.

Tomorrow is my daughter Cara's First Holy Communion. The big day starts with Mass at 11:00 AM followed by a meal at a local restaurant. I think that I could have gotten a K3 for what this is going to run. Ahhhhh, ever the Ham - keeping tab of rig prices in the back of my mind! Anyway, close family and friends will be coming to help us celebrate the day. I am looking forward to it; and I'm sure my Cara will look like an angel.

Sunday is Mother's Day, of course. Happy Mom's Day to all the moms out there. I have no idea as to how we're going to spend the day. It' s supposed to be nice with sun and temperatures in the 70s. After that, however, I think it's going to be a rather cool week with daily highs in the mid to upper 60s only.

As long as it's dry, maybe I can get out with a few lunchtime QRP outings next week.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment