Sunday, January 25, 2009

Melting solder

I've been getting on the air lately, at nights after work, only to find that 40 Meters has gone super long; and that 80 Meters has very few signals on it. A few of the QRP e-mail reflectors have had guys raving about conditions on 160 Meters.

So I've buckled down and have begun sorting out the parts on my 160 Meter board for the K2. I hope to start melting solder this coming week. It's a small project and I'm sure I'll get the board done in no time flat.

The part that gives me the willies though, is opening my perfectly operational K2 to begin messing around with its innards. Logically, I know that I've done things like this in the past with no problems. And hey, I used to repair $12,000.00 professional studio strobes down to the component level for a living for 20 years. So why the unease? No idea - just foolishness on my part, I guess.

Hopefully, given enough spare time, I should be on 160 Meters real soon. I'll keep you posted.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment