Friday, November 28, 2008

Coming of Age

First ..... don't forget that this weekend is the CQ WWDX Contest! If you're a new (or not so new) QRP DX'er this is one of the prime weekends for you! If you've never QRP DX'ed before, than you should be able to tally up 20 or more countries worked with ease this weekend (conditions halfway co-operating). If you're a not-so-new QRP DX'er you can still try for some countries you've never worked before. A small bit of advice ..... don't get discouraged if you don't make many contacts the first half of the contest. This is when all the big guns take care of their business. Second half, though? Some of these foreign contest stations will be begging for points and will go out of their way to listen to even less than 599 signals. This is where you can shine!

Secondly ..... believe it or not, since I have been on the Internet, I have always had a dial-up account. Hard to believe, eh? I'm one of the few people I know who is still on dial-up. However, that is soon to come to pass, as I'm in the process of changing Internet providers.

The bad news is that my current ISP account ends this month; and my DSL service won't be ready until around December 12th. So, for the next two weeks (approximately), I will be without any Internet service. Which means no more posts for a bit. I know I haven't been posting with great frequency, lately; but I don't want any of you thinking I have disappeared altogether, either.

See you in a few weeks!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment