Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A first time for everything.

There's a first time for everything, I guess.

You know, snow in July ..... 90 degree weather in December ...... a hurricane in Minnesota ....... a blizzard in Miami ...... W2LJ winning the doorprize in a Hamfest.

Yep, that's right! I came home from work today to find a package waiting for me. A brandy new Icom IC-208H was waiting for me along with a note, "Congratulations, you won the SCARC Hamfest doorprize!"

You could have knocked me over with a feather. This is the first time I have ever won anything! And one of the things I was planning to purchase in the near future was a dual band VHF/UHF rig for the car. I really need 440 MHz capability for CERT; and this will replace the monoband 2 Meter Yaesu that I have in there now. Of course, now I have to acquire a dual band antenna; but that's OK. I'm glad to have to do it.

Wow! The good feeling from this is definitely going to last a day or two. Thank you so much Sussex County Amateur Radio Club and KJI Electronics!

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your on a roll Larry.

    Vacation at Lake George then Hamfest after vacation then Winning doorprize. Best wishes

    Jack W1DGE

    ReplyDelete