Friday, May 30, 2008

Is That a Promise?

The following appeared in today's New York Post:

SUSAN SARANDON, who appeared in three films last year and won kudos for her TV movie "Bernard and Doris," is still not a contented soul. She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people."

You know, when these sanctimonious, over paid, overly self-esteemed celebrities make asinine statements like this, I seriously consider ponying up the money to buy the airplane ticket.

Hey Susan, (who grew up in the town next to mine, BTW) don't let the glass hit your _ _ _ on the way out, OK?

Now, on to our regularly scheduled radio content:

I went out again during lunch time. A Beautiful day (no, that's not a typo, I meant to use the capital "B") again in Central New Jersey - crystal blue skies and temps in the upper 70s. I plunked the Hamstick on top of the Explorer and was disappointed in the slim pickin's as far as signals on 20 Meters was concerned. I heard a few, one or two loud ones; and called CQ for a bunch with no results. Today was one of those days where if I was fishing, I would have lost all my worms with no fish to show for it.

I'm feeling a bit on the energetic side tonight, so after the kids go to bed, I think I'll head down to the basement to work on the ATS3 for a bit more. The forecast is for some boomers to start moving in tonight; so probably no actual on-air time tonight.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment