Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Arrrgggghhhhh !!!

Two things have me really bent out of shape today - one radio related and one not. I'll get the radio one out of the way first; so if the second one offends you (and I guarantee that SOME people will be offended or uncomfortable with it once they start reading) you can just navigate away and not be offended.

The weather has been really nice here in NJ the past few days. By the time lunch rolls around it has been in the upper 50s or lower 60s. I've been going to the park near work and have been setting up the K1 and PAC-12 and have not been hearing much of anything! Where is everybody during the day? I hear plenty of band noise and I do hear a FEW signals; but it just seems like no one gets on the air during the day, anymore. Just to make sure it's not the K1, I brought it in the house tonight and hooked it up to the G5RV. Sounded great! Plenty of signals heard and one or two stations worked.

I fluked my coax that I use with the PAC-12 and found no shorts between center conductor and shield. And there is continuity when measured from PL-259 to PL-259 (tip to tip and ground to ground). Where is everybody during the daylight hours? I sure hope as summer comes that more folks will be taking to the airwaves so I can make some contacts!

Now for something TOTALLY unrelated to radio; but is irking the heck out of me....... (it's religious in nature and totally unrelated to radio - so be forewarned!)

The Pope is visiting the United States this week. He met with the President this morning. George Bush, who is an Evangelical Protestant, gave the Holy Father a warmer reception and a friendlier greeting than he is getting from some of my (so-called) fellow Catholics!

All I've been reading about is this group disagrees with the Church about this; and this group is protesting about that. HEY !!!!!!!!!! Wake up and smell the coffee, people. Yes, we live in the United States; but the Roman Catholic Church is not a flippin' democracy! If you don't like the Church and you can't agree with the basic tenets of Faith - then by all means ....... leave! There is no law that says you HAVE to be Catholic !!!!!

You CANNOT be pro-abortion (DON'T give me this "pro-choice" garbage euphemism) and be a Catholic. You CANNOT be in favor of embryonic stem cell research (which is really stupid anyway) and be a Catholic. You want woman priests ? Go join the Episcopalians - I hear they need members because a lot of them are converting to Catholicism.

If Pat Leahy, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy or any other of that bunch of hypocrites who call themselves "Catholic", while at the same time support every abortion bill that comes down the pike, DARE to go receive Holy Communion at the Mass in Washington tomorrow - I think I'll just spit! I hope and pray to God that the priest or Eucharistic Minister giving Communion in that line will have the cajones to take a stand and say "No, you can't receive until you repent and change your ways".

I am an American - I am a Catholic; but I'm NOT an American Catholic. There is no such animal. I am a Roman Catholic and I obey the Magisterium in matters of faith and religion. If all you dissenters want to start your own "American Catholic" church; by all means, go ahead. Don't let the glass hit you on the way out.

As for me and my family? We will serve the Lord.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Hi Larry! I saw your link on the skcc list (or was it qrp-l?) and checked out your blog. The note about Catholics wasn't on-topic but you hit the nail on the head. I'm not Catholic, never have been, but many of my friends are. In S. TX, I'm the minority as a Protestant!

    You mentioned something that has bugged me about a lot of Catholics for a long time, they don't agree with the church and want to change the beliefs of the church to match their own. What kind of faith would that be, to change on any whim? I go to a Bible church and was raised as an independent Baptist, if I disagreed with my church wouldn't it make sense to either figure out I might be wrong or go somewhere else?

    I think a lot of Catholics are only Catholic because their family is, maybe that's the problem. I don't see people like Kennedy and Pelosi as representing the views of the Catholic church. You apparently do, and I applaud that.

    Just wanted to chime in, you hit one of my non-radio hot buttons!

    73,
    Kerry, WD5ABC

    ReplyDelete