Sunday, February 24, 2008

Doing the Safety Dance

I checked the VP6DX Website this morning only to find that my QSO from yesterday did not appear in the books - boo, hiss! So this afternoon, I made it a point to work them again, just to be sure.

Around 2000 UTC, I heard them on 15 Meters. I must have just caught them as the band was changing; because in a half an hour their signal went from 589 to nil. So I waited for the propagation to do its thing on 17 Meters again. Bingo! At 2148 UTC they were loud again (louder than yesterday) and I nabbed them again.

Wouldn't you know ..... just as I came upstairs from the basement shack after working them again, I got an e-mail from W3BBO informing me that my QSO from yesterday had just appeared on the online log just a few minutes previously! Well, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry in any event; and once more the K2 "mojo" got to do its thing.

Before working Ducie again, I managed to snag 8R1PW on 20 Meters for Guyana. And last night, I was fortunate to snag Z32ID for Macedonia. I've worked both Macedonia and Guyana before; but never QRP CW. That brings my QRP CW DXCC redo country total to 79. Maybe if I'm extremely lucky and put a decent effort into it; I will reach 100 entities total by the end of the year.

Whether or not I make the goal; one thing for sure is that I'm having a blast in the process!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment