Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Frustration!

I was all pumped up, ready to participate in the monthly NAQCC Sprint for the first time in months. Now that I seem to be back in a radio groove, I was really looking forward to it.

The 40 Meter RFI monster did me in, however. From 8:30 until about 9:30, 40 Meters had about S20 noise throughout the band. The neighborhood RFI source got switched off at about 9:30 with a half hour of the Sprint to go; but by that time it was too late. The band went long and I only made about 5 or 6 contacts.

80 Meters wasn't too kind to me tonight, either. The contacts there were just a paltry few, too. Rather than blame the band, though, it was probably my fault. My best results used to occur when I would pick a frequency, sit on it by calling CQ and then just answer the responding stations. I guess I got too antsy tonight and did too much "search and pouncing" rather than run one frequency.

Oh well, better luck next month. This coming Sunday night is the Flying Pigs "Run For The Bacon" monthly Sprint. Maybe I'll have better luck then.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment