Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Did I read that right?

The thread started this past weekend, I think.

A gentleman posted to QRP-L that his antenna had come down because squirrels had chewed through his antenna support ropes. Ever since then, Hams have been volunteering their ideas for ways around this problem.

Yesterday and today, several Hams have suggested soaking new support ropes in Cayenne pepper or habanero sauce, and various other kinds of hot sauces to discourage the wily little rodents from causing further damage.

But today, there appeared the latest response to this thread, which caught me totally off guard. I thought to myself, "Did I read that right?" "Did he really say that?" I suppose the post could be interpreted in more than one way.

Aw heck, I'll let YOU decide ...... here was the post that had me scratching my head, word for word:

"Squirrels are too smart to eat that stuff. (although, I suppose you could put some on their nuts) "

I had to admit, it gave me a chuckle!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment