Saturday, September 22, 2007

Whither radio?

Boy, it seems and feels like forever since I've been on the radio; or much had time to even think about radio! Summer activities; then Back-To-School activities and the resumption of other projects have kept me off the air.

I scratch my head when I think about how I made a QSO every day for a solid year a few years back. I look at K3WWP's streak and I'm even more amazed. How did I do that? How does John continue to do it?

I was never a big John Lennon fan (although I did love the Beatles); but he was spot on when he said, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans".

Tonight, however, I'm looking forward to heading down the basement to get on the air for a while after the kids are in bed for the night. My wife Marianne is working until about Midnight; so I should have an hour or two of quiet time after bedtime and then the compulsory "picking up after the kids" is done for the night.

Geez, I hope 40 Meters is decent tonight! And I hope the bands are decent for tomorrow night! Don't forget the NJQRP Homebrewer Sprint tomorrow night - please find a way to get on, even if it's for a little bit to hand out some QSOs.
The care and feeding of this Sprint was handed over to me by Ken Newman N2CQ about a year ago. Participation has been dwindling the past few years. I would appreciate the help in bringing it back to life again!

Hey, just the anticipation over it has gotten my fire re-kindled; and I'm once again looking forward to getting on the air. Hope to hear you there.

73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Did you make any contacts tonight, Larry? I'm still averaging more than three Qs per day. You just gotta commit to doing it.

    73, Dan KB6NU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five QSOs tonight, Dan - including CE3/VE7SV down in Chile. Good results tonight; and it felt good to be behind the key again!

    72 de Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete